Perfectly balanced, satisfying, delicious, & nutritious
- 2 Tbsp avocado, or coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed in cold water and then drained very well
- 1.5 cups organic chicken broth, low sodium, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into thin bite-size strips
- 1/2cup minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a small saucepan over med-high. Add uncooked quinoa. Saute 2-3 minutes until toasty
- Add 1 1/4 cups chicken broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover. Remove from jeat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet, over med-high. Add spinach, cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Remove spinach from pan, set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil oil, add mushrooms, cook 6-8 minutes until nicely brown. Remove from pan.
- Heat olive oil to pan, then add chicken pieces, sprinkle with sea salt. Sauté about 4 minutes until nicely browned. Add shallots, thyme, and garlic. Sauté another 1-2 minutes. Add remaining broth, bringing to a boil, scrape browned bits.
- Serve immediately.
- Divide equally between 4 bowls, the quinoa, spinach, mushrooms, and chicken.