🌞🥚 Good Morning Sunshine!
Would you eat this for breakfast or lunch? How do you prefer your eggs?
If you love soft boiled like me, then here’s your guide to perfect those babies!
- 2 slices of rye, or Ezekiel bread lightly toasted
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- a small bunch of cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh ripe tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- 2 large, free-range eggs
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- Fill a small saucepan with water, and bring it to a boil first.
- Gently add in the eggs using a slotted spoon. Cover and boil for 6½ minutes exactly, for runny yolk eggs.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath for the eggs.
- After the cooking time is up, immediately place the eggs into the ice water bath. Let it sit for about 3 minutes, then gently remove the shells.
- In a small bowl mix the mashed avocado with lemon juice and cilantro/parsley.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Spread the avocado mixture equally on your toasted bread, sprinkle with tomatoes,
radish, 1 soft boiled egg cut in half and sprinkle with green onions on each.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!