These are such a fun, all-natural holiday treat to make with the kids!
Less than 10 minutes hands-on time, and you have a gluten-free dessert you’ll want to add to your yearly celebrations!
Makes 18 cookie balls
Ingredients: (I included links to my favorite brands)
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (Let’s do Organic brand is my fave)
- 2 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened coconut milk (I used an organic variety from a can)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate, melted with 1 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil (the coconut oil makes the melted chocolate smooth)
- Additional coconut for dusting if desired.
- Place shredded coconut and coconut oil into a food processor (I used my blendtec blender.)
- Process on high speed, scraping down the sides occasionally, until it reaches an almost buttery consistency.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt and process on high speed until ingredients are combined.
- Shape the coconut mixture into 1” balls. I used a Tablespoon cookie dough scoop to make nice, even balls.
- Place on wax paper, and refrigerate for at last an hour, or set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once the coconut balls are very firm, melt the dark chocolate, and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for just a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Once the chocolate is melted, carefully dip the coconut balls into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with a tiny bit of shredded coconut.
- Allow the chocolate to harden by placing the coconut balls back into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer, for up to a week.
Leave a Comment Below:
Related Posts :
Tags: all natural holiday treats, almost healthy desserts, clean eating, coconut, cooking with kids, creative gluten free desserts, Gluten Free Clean Eating Dessert Recipes, gluten free recipes, how to make gluten free delicious, No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Snowballs, rachel maser, recipes for kids