Perfect Weekend Clean Eating Treats!
I promise they really satisfy those pizza cravings!
- 1 large, or 2 medium eggplants, sliced into ¼ inch rounds (keep the skins on)
- Sea salt
- Minced garlic, or garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup high quality, no-sugar addded marinara
- 1/3 cup organic, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with avocado oil.
- Arrange eggplant slices on the baking sheets.
- Season eggplant with salt, and garlic (if using).
- Spoon marinara sauce in the center of each eggplant slice.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly, on top of the marinara sauce.
- Bake the eggplant pizzas for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter the shredded basil on top.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.