Tender Chicken, and Your house will smell so amazing while this is cooking!
- 2 Tbsp Potato Starch or Tapioca Starch or Corn Starch
- 1/2 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed
- 3 T. Avocado, or Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 3/4 C. Sliced Sun-dried Tomatoes (found on the shelf, freshly dried, NOT in oil)
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 (13.5 oz.) Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 C. low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2.5 lbs trimmed Fresh Broccolini
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- Mix starch, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture until coated.
- Heat 2 T. of the Olive Oil in a large oven-proof frying pan. Add chicken, and brown on each side.
- Once chicken is browned, remove it and set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat to medium/high. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and saute for 30-40 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and broth and bring just to a boil.
- Place the chicken back into the pan in a single layer.
- Cover with an oven-safe lid and place in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 300 and add broccollini on top of the chicken. Replace lid, and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil before serving.