An interesting kick for those who want something a little different
- 3 cups watermelon, chopped
- 12 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 cup tomatillos, chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 12 mint leaves, shredded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1½ tbsp low-sugar balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Gently toss watermelon, strawberries, tomatillo and shallots.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar and gently toss once more.
- Sprinkle black pepper and top with mint.
- Season with a little sea salt and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from: Pickeledplum.com