Jump to recipe
Creamy Avocado Dressing
By popular demand, I’m sharing MORE of my homemade salad dressing recipes.
This creamy avocado is bright, tangy, a tad bit garlicky, and just perfect for taco or tex/mex salads.
Experiment adding it to YOUR favorite meals, because this dressing is SO incredible drizzled on top of all our favorites!
From salads to taco skillets/enchiladas, or even on top of salmon, shrimp, or chicken; it’s just AWESOME!
Bonus: this dressing is Sugar-free, Gluten-free, & Dairy free!
Makes about 1 1/4 cup of dressing
Serving size is 2 Tablespoons per person
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, stems removed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- juice of one large lime
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3-1/2 cup water cold water (start with less and work up to your desired consistency)
Place all the ingredients into a food processor, or high-speed blender, then blend until very smooth.
Keep refrigerated in an air-tight jar for up to 3 days.
It may get thicker, so before serving, just add a bit of water and/or whisk until desired consistency.