Greek Chickpea Salad + Tzatziki Dressing
In case you haven’t noticed…chopped salads are totally my jam!
They are VERY versatile and EXTREMELY satisfying!
Several nights each week I’ll make a big ole’ chopped salad of some sort (there are DOZENS of chopped salad recipes here on the site!) to go with dinner, and I always make enough to take for lunches the next day!
The crisp-tangy Greek flavors happening in THIS one, are EXCEPTIONAL alongside a juicy BBQ chicken breast, OR makes for a good meal all on its own – thanks to that protein boost in those little chickpeas!
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 medium English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- a small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each