Cauliflower + Chickpeas Salad
Here’s a creative NEW chopped salad idea to keep things interesting around the dinner table!
Cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, kale, arugula, cabbage, and collard greens, are loaded with fiber, folate, vitamin C, E, K.
Vegetables keep you full and keep your blood sugar stable!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your dressings such as this, because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, about 2 lbs
- 15-ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup, or raw honey
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsps fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped