CFC’s FAVORITE Homemade Five Bean Salad
Okay….This salad is completely ADDICTIVE with all its tangy flavors and textures.
Our CFC Five Bean Salad is FABULOUS for parties, BBQ’S, and especially Holiday Celebrations (think: double/triple this recipe) because you can make it the day before, set it in the fridge…then simply pull it out and serve at party time!
And yes, let’s chat about something really quickly…Many of you know we have 6 kids and I do choose to supplement our grocery staples with canned goods at times.
Life is BUSY, and a pantry full of high-quality canned options is definitely healthier and more budget-friendly than leaning on drive thru takeout after a long day.
This helps our family dollar stretch, and I feel like it can be a healthy addition to our diets if we use canned goods sparingly and look for those BPA free liners, and low sodium varieties.
Be SURE to rinse off your beans well if using canned.
This recipe works WONDERFULLY with dried beans that you’ll need to soak overnight then cook, and allow to completely cool before proceeding with my recipe below (follow package directions). You’ll just need to plan a few days ahead!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your dressings such as this because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use.
Makes 8 servings
- 15 oz. red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 lb. fresh golden wax beans (or use 1,15 oz. can)
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 3 Tbsps capers
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or more to taste