Italian Style Tomato + Avocado Chopped Salad
Whatcha up to this weekend?! My weekend goal is to do a bunch of food prep, and take my goldendoodle on a good hike now that the weather is feeling like Spring.
THIS Chopped Salad will definitely be the highlight of our weekend plans…ohhhh how I LOVE chopped Salads!
Most Grocery stores carry good, clean options for store-bought pesto these days, just read the ingredients.
I really like one that I found at Trader Joe’s. Of course, you can always make your pesto fresh at home as well!Makes about 4 servings
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 large English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 8 ounces small, fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste