Leftover Turkey Harvest Salad
Already planning to eat lots of salads all weekend long after our big holiday meal!
What about you?
Here’s a crazy-delicious combo for you! Enjoy this special weekend with your family & friends!Makes about 4 servings
- 1/2 of a small butternut squash, cubed
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1.5 cups turkey leftovers, chopped or shredded
- 4 slices of nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 fresh, crisp apples, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Honey Apple Cider Dressing:
- 3 Tbsps high-quality olive oil
- 4 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the cubed butternut squash on the prepared baking tray and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, paprika and drizzle 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Toss well to get them all coated.
Roast in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown on the sides and fork tender.
In a large bowl add spinach, turkey leftovers, apples, walnuts, and butternut squash. Crumble bacon and feta cheese over the top.
In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients together.
Pour dressing over your salad just before serving and toss to combine.
Enjoy and remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations!