Mediterranean-Style Chopped Salad
Sometimes all I need is a colorful picture to inspire me to run to my kitchen and make a big, gorgeous salad!
We love eating lots of fresh vegetables year-round, so it’s imperative to keep things interesting.
Just a few short years ago, I was NOT a fan of arugula at all. I never added artichokes to my salads…and I rarely ate the Kalamata olives.
Not sure exactly what happened, but I completely CRAVE this salty, briny, peppery combo!Anything Greek-inspired, with a lemony, olive oily dressing and bright vegetables…COUNT ME IN!
Have your tastes and preferences for foods changed and evolved over the years as well?
Hope this simple salad inspires YOU to jump into your kitchen and create something beautiful today!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your dressings such as this because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups mixed colors cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 endive, sliced
- 1 (12oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, cut into wedges
- 8 oz. mini mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup fresh picked basil leaves
- 4 Tbsps fresh pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp chili flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 1/2 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste