Jump to recipe
7 Layer Chicken Salad
Eventually warm weather will be here, and we’ll once again be planning get-togethers and BBQ’S.
Who is READY?!!
If you’re looking for a really FUN, and different Salad to bring to the backyard parties this summer, then I’ve got you covered!
These bright layers just beg to be eaten!
Feel free to make substitutions with what YOU have on hand, or whatever veggies you love.
I think black olives would be a great substitute for the green, as my kids actually prefer black olives over the green.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup frozen organic peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen organic sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup pitted olives (green or black)
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 3 ribs)
- 1-pint fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
In a small mixing bowl, whisk all of your dressing ingredients then refrigerate until ready to use. To assemble, use a tall clear glass bowl.
For your first layer spread shredded chicken at the bottom of the bowl. Second layer is cherry tomatoes.Next add a layer of pitted olives, followed by peas, chopped celery, corn and shredded lettuce.You can refrigerate this salad for up to 24 hours before serving. Once ready to serve, drizzle your dressing over the top of the salad.You can refrigerate this salad for up to 24 hours before serving. Once ready to serve, drizzle your dressing over the top of the salad. Serve this salad with a long handle spoon to dig deep, toss and enjoy!