Jump to recipe
Blueberry Zucchini Breakfast Muffins
Fluffy, naturally sweetened, and full of nutritious whole foods! Not your typical blueberry muffins…but still SUPER DELICIOUS!
The zucchini keeps these muffins fluffy and moist, so don’t skip it!
Makes 12 muffins, 2 muffins is a serving size
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 large zucchini, or 2 medium
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 2 Tbsps raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 medium eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pasture raised creme cheese softened (recommended), Greek yogurt, or coconut cream for dairy free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsps chia seeds
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- mico pinch of salt (I used less than a 1/8 teaspoon pink salt)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. Shred zucchini skin-ON, with a cheese grater, then squeeze in a paper towel to draw out excess moisture.
Alternatively, you can use a food processor. I used about one and a half cups (after moisture was patted out, and lightly packed) shredded zucchini, but a bit more or less is totally fine in the recipe.
In a large bowl, mash your banana using a fork, then stir in almond/peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, eggs, creme cheese and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
Stir in the dry ingredients, then gently fold in blueberries. Lightly spray, or wipe with coconut oil, OR use silicone liners; a 12 cup muffin pan, and divide the batter evenly between those cups.
Bake in your preheated oven for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Enjoy and remember to tag me in your creations @CleanFoodCrush!