Jump to recipe
Chicken Burrito Bowls + Cilantro-Lime Rice
Food Prep + Cinco de Mayo + Yum = Happy People! #BurritoBowlsAreLife
Makes 2 bowls/servings
- Cilantro Lime Rice:
- ½ cup brown rice
- ¾ cup water
- 2-3 Tbsps chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil, or clarified butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-2 Tbsps fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of half fresh lime
- 1 tbsp red onion, minced
- ¼ jalapeno pepper, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinated in 2 tsp. taco seasoning and 1 Tbsp.
- avocado oil, or olive oil and pan-fried
- About 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 oz black, or kidney beans
- 2 oz fresh or frozen organic corn, thawed
- 1 roma tomato, or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Red onion minced, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Jalapeno pepper, sliced for garnish
Rinse the rice under cold water for a minute until the water runs clear.
Heat the coconut oil in a small sauce pan, then add the cilantro and the rice to the mixture and sauté for a minute.
Add the water to the small sauce pan, bring to a boil, then let simmer on low heat, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is soft. Add the lime juice and stir the rice to blend everything together.
Meanwhile, make the guacamole:
Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork to your desired consistency.
Add, cilantro, lime juice, red onions, jalapeno, cumin.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and mix again until all the flavors are well blended.
In medium size bowls, divide everything in half and layer the bowls, starting with the mixed greens.
Then, add the beans, corn, cooked rice, tomatoes, pan-seared chicken, and guacamole.
Garnish with red onions, fresh cilantro and jalapeno, if you desire.
Enjoy cold or warm!