Chicken Salad on Apple Rounds
This will be a regular small meal at my house all Summer long.
The HOT days…when we’re just not that hungry, and don’t want to heat up the house…plus, chicken salad is one of my all-time favorites!
Makes 4 servings
- Both diced chicken breasts of 1 rotisserie chicken, or 2 large cooked, and diced chicken breasts
- 1 cup thin sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 Tbsp tiny diced red onion
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, or mashed avocado for dairy-free option
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 splash hot sauce, such as tabasco – optional
- 2 Tbsp no-added sugar dried cranberries (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (optional as well)
Combine gently, cover, & chill for an hour or two in the refrigerator. (Can serve immediately, but the flavor is better as it develops)
Slice 2 red, crisp apples into round disc’s about 1/4 inch thick.
Serve Chicken Salad on rounds.
Serve on butter lettuce leaves
optional – sprinkle with green onions & sliced almonds