Jump to recipe
Chipotle Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
A tangy, fresh addition to your Taco Tuesday festivities, quick lunch, OR a perfect Party idea throughout these Summer months!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups shredded or diced, cooked chicken breast
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded & diced small
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob (raw) or 1/4 cup organic frozen corn, thawed
- 3 Tbsps chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 large avocados
For the Chipotle Dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper (found in the spice aisle – you’ll love this pepper & use it for lots of things!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
In a small glass bowl whisk all Chipotle dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your preference. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine shredded chicken, green onion, red pepper, corn, and jalapeño.
Add in the Chipotle sauce and toss until well combined.
Gently cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
Using a spoon, gently scoop out some of the center to make the hole larger so it can hold more filling if needed. (chop any remaining avocado and add it to the salad)
Fill each of the avocado halves with the chipotle chicken salad.
Sprinkle with a few additional cilantro leaves if desired.