Chipotle + Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Brighten up your day with this SUPER SIMPLE, but fiercely DELICIOUS meal idea!
CFC Chipotle Lime Shrimp wraps are a really FUN, and EASY recipe to serve a crowd, so invite your people over tonight and enjoy some GOOD food together!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Chipotles in adobo sauce is a great way to get that deep, smoky, spicy cooked-all-day flavor into a quick weeknight dish.
Look for simple ingredients if you’re buying a jar at the store (OR make your own! Lots of recipes online if you Google them.)
Chipotle chiles are dried smoked jalapenos. Adobo is tangy, slightly sweet red sauce.
So the ingredients may include peppers, spices, herbs, garlic, vinegar, etc.
I like to freeze the extra peppers in adobo & sauce, in an ice cube tray for future use.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 heads butter or bibb lettuce leaves
- 3 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce
- 3 fresh cloves garlic, minced
- The zest of 1 large fresh lime
- the juice of 1 large fresh lime
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, unrefined coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- bunch of freshly chopped cilantro leaves,
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- additional lime wedges
- chopped green onions