Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls for Homemade Halloween Treats!
Halloween treat ideas! These are so much FUN! Makes Makes about 22 balls
For the Filling;
- 1.5 cups almond meal, or finely ground raw almonds (blend or process the almonds – measure AFTER blending)
- 3 scoops Protein Powder of choice (optional)
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter, or almond butter
- 3 Tbsps unrefined coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dried coconut flakes (I love “Let’s do organic brand)
- 10 pitted large dates
- 2 Tbsps pure maple syrup, or raw honey
For the Coating;
- 1 cup melted, high quality dark chocolate
- 2-3 Tbsp roasted peanuts, or almonds chopped (optional)
- Place all filling ingredients into a high speed food processor, or blender and pulse to combine.
- Take about 2 Tbsp of mixture and use your hands to work the mixture until it resembles a cookie dough consistency.
- Continue with this process, shaping the mixture into even balls and place in the fridge to set while melting the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dip each ball in chocolate and place it on the tray. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
How to store:
- Keep in an airtight container for about a week or freeze for about a month. Enjoy!