Delicious Raw Broccoli Slaw 🌱🥦🥕
When we’ve experienced several days of overeating, or eating excess sugar or alcohol intake (such as the holidays!) we’re tempted to eat a lot less the days following to “make up” for our overindulgence.
Instead, I’m going to suggest a few healthier tricks to get you feeling great and balanced again!
- Drink more pure Water. Choose lots of fresh, clean Water and steer clear of other drinks.
- Add Fresh Squeezed Lemon to your h2o.
- Incorporate Apple Cider Vinegar into your day. You don’t have to drink it, just add it into your salad dressings and such.
- Eat more Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, bok choy, arugula, Brussels sprouts, & collards.
- Cruciferous vegetables are rich in fiber and low in calories, a combination that helps us feel full and satisfied without overeating.
makes about 5 servings
- 1 large head of crisp broccoli (about 3 cups), cut into small florets
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- In a large bowl combine broccoli with cabbage, carrots, raisins, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss well to thoroughly combine.