Creamy Cashew Cauliflower Soup
It’s soup season! Who LOVES creamy, warm soup!?? ME!!
This soup is incredibly flavorful and full of wholesome ingredients…its also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, and Refined Sugar-Free…
Which believe it or not, is hard to find in a creamy soup! I’m SO excited for you guys to try this one out! Makes about 6 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 8 ounces white potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup raw cashews, divided in half
- 6 cups low-sodium or homemade broth (I used organic chicken stock)
- 1 Tbsp clarified butter or ghee
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsps fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
Place 1/2 cup of cashew and 1/2 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; allow to cool.
Transfer cashews to a blender, add 1 cup of your broth and blend until very smooth to make your cashew cream.
Toast 1/2 cup cashews on a baking sheet, in your preheated oven until golden, about 5 minutes; chop and set aside.
Melt clarified butter or ghee in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and sauté until golden and softened 3-4 minutes.
Add cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, thyme, oregano, and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
Add in the remaining broth and bring to a simmer and cook, for 12 minutes, or until cauliflower and potatoes are fork tender.
Add the cauliflower mixture combined with the cashew cream mixture in your high-speed blender and blend until nice and smooth. (Or use an immersion blender in your soup pot)
Serve soup hot topped with toasted cashews, and garnished with fresh thyme.
It’s time for all of the COZY, warming food 🙂 Remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush with your creations! Hope you LOVE this one as much as I do 🙂