Jump to recipe
Creamy Chicken & Lime Soup
I think we still have quite a few weeks of cooler weather around here…so we’re continuing with our soup eating over here.
Luckily, we have THIS creamy-limey soup to keep us inspired, satisfied, and WARM!
There’s a bit of heat/spice in this soup that COMPLETELY depends on your jalapenos.
If you like it spicy, use more jalapeno…or if you want to skip the heat, then they can be left out entirely.
I’m REALLY excited for you to taste this soup, so if you’re going to try one more new soup this rainy season, HERE IT IS.Makes about 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or ghee
- 1 small red or yellow onion, diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 1-2 jalapeños (depending on your heat preference), seeded and sliced
- 1 (14.5oz) jar fire roasted tomatoes
- 2.5 cups chicken broth, homemade or low sodium
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- a handful of fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped to garnish
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- sliced or diced fresh jalapenos
- fresh lime slices
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add in onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, broth, jalapeño, lime juice, and chicken.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through about 20 minutes.
Remove your pot from the heat, take the cooked chicken out of the pot, then set the chicken onto a cutting board.
Add coconut milk into your soup pot.
Blend the soup until creamy with an immersion blender, or carefully work in small batches using a conventional blender.
Shred your chicken breast and return it to the soup pot, then stir well to combine everything.
Season with sea salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Ladle your soup into bowls then add toppings of choice.
Enjoy while hot!
❤Rachel Enjoy and remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations!