Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 3 minutes then add garlic, carrots, bell peppers, celery, and jalapenos, then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Crockpot Chicken + Lime Soup
I posted a CREAMY chicken & lime soup a few weeks ago that is already receiving phenomenal reviews!
This one is very SIMILAR, yet heartier.
If you like soup and LOVE a little lime & jalapeno, then you’re covered with a few new meal ideas!
I still ABSOLUTELY LOVE my crockpot!
There’s just something wonderful about preparing ingredients in the morning when full of energy, then coming home EXHAUSTED after a full day to find dinner READY in the slow cooker!
Nothing compares to that feeling and comfort!Makes about 8 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 medium red, or yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 (14 oz) jar of organic diced tomatoes
- 8 cups homemade or low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped