One of our favorite breakfast ideas for so many reasons!????☘
These have such a beautiful presentation, and seem like you spent a ton of time making them…but they really couldn’t be simpler!
Also, every aspect of this idea is loaded with nutrition + flavor! Customize, and mix-&-match to your preference!
- 1 or 2 green bell peppers
- Whole free range eggs for each ring
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- optional toppings: fresh dill, fresh chives, smoked salmon, avocado slices and/or sliced red onion
- Slice the bell peppers into ½ inch rings. Use a sharp knife to make clean cuts (to better hold the egg in place). Remove all of the the white inner flesh and seeds.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat and coat with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray. Let the pan heat up before adding food.
- Place the pepper rings in the middle of the pan. Allow the rings to cook and brown lightly before adding the egg. Turn the rings over a few times so both sides cook evenly.
- Very gently add one egg to the middle of each bell pepper ring.
- Cook over low heat until yolks are to your liking and egg whites harden and are no long translucent.
- Gently add your optional toppings during the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Spray the bottom of your spatula with non-stick coconut oil spray. Slide it underneath pepper ring. Lift carefully from the skillet and onto your plate.