Sheet Pan Orange + Ginger Chicken
Ahhh…Mondays are AWESOME, we get a brand new start…BUT they are so BUSY!
Here’s a Simple Dinner recipe to add to your plans this week… It’s fresh, and SUPER flavorful!
I like to marinate the chicken overnight, but it needs at least an hour…#HappyNewWeek
Makes 3 Servings
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 large broccoli head, broken into bite sized florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & sliced
- 1 fresh orange, cut into wedges to garnish
For the Marinade:
- juice plus zest of 1 fresh orange
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos, Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame or avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 nob ginger, grated
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, snd minced
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice (Amazon, or specialty grocery stores carry this…or make your own:
Chinese 5 Spice:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seed, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp ground star anise
- 1 tsp szechuan peppercorns, toasted and ground
So incredibly delicious sprinkled on all of your Asian inspired meals!
For the Chinese 5 Spice:
Mix the spices together and store in an airtight jar.
For the Marinade:
In a small bowl add all the marinade ingredients and whisk well to combine.
Pour 1/3 of the marinade over the chicken in a large Ziploc bag, or glass bowl, and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour (overnight is best).
Once chicken is finished marinating preheat the oven to 375 decrees f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the broccoli, and red peppers evenly on the tray, then pour over all the remaining marinade and mix together so everything is well coated and lay the chicken pieces on top of the veggies.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked though and golden brown on the sides.