- 12 medium vine tomatoes, firm to touch
- olive oil spray
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 12 small eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f, then rinse and pat dry the tomatoes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the stem-end as shown, then cut a very thin slice from the bottom of each tomato, creating a flat base, so that your tomatoes can stand upright.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out all of the seeds and pulp (I reserve this for soups or sauces later on). Place the tomatoes into a muffin tray, cut side up, and spray or brush them very lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Gently crack an egg into each tomato, then top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven, until egg whites are set to your liking; about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com