Jump to recipe
Halloween Stuffed Peppers
Halloween is just ONE week away and these cute lil’ Jack O’Lanterns need to be part of your FUN!
Carve a scary face into a few peppers (let the kids help!) then fill them up with this DELICIOUS and simple protein-packed stuffing recipe.
Kids are more likely to eat a meal when they get to help make it.
Happy Halloween, CRUSHers!Makes 4-6 servings
- 6 large bell peppers, different colors
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 14 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn
- 1 (15oz.) jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup cheddar Jack cheese, shredded.