Jalapeño Popper Zucchini Boats. #HappyWeekend
Here’s a FUN weekend spin on the traditional jalapeno poppers for you to try out!
I love these stuffed zucchini for several reasons, but mostly because they’re completely crave-worthy and obscenely DELICIOUS!
I also love that we’re using zucchini to recreate my teenagers all-time FAVORITE snack food!
In the late summer, we have a plethora of zucchini to use up, and we’re always looking for new ideas to use them, stuff them, and eat them!
Excited to hear how these go over at YOUR house!
makes 4 servings
- 2 medium zucchini
- 8-oz. organic cream cheese, softened, OR 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 6 strips nitrate free bacon, cooked and crumbled, OR Turkey bacon, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeds removed and diced
- 2 Tbsps diced pickled jalapeños
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste about an 1/8 teaspoon each
- cooking spray (avocado oil, or olive oil)
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped parsley, or cilantro to garnish
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese OR Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, 4 slices crumbled bacon, cheese, jalapeños, sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir with a spatula until well combined.Using a sharp knife, cut your zucchini in half lengthwise as shown. Next, using a small knife, score through the zucchini flesh, as shown. Scoop out the inside flesh leaving once zucchini boats, and reserve flesh for later. Place zucchini halves cut side-up onto your prepared baking sheet.Season zucchini with sea salt and pepper and very lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or just until they begin to soften. Combine the reserved zucchini flesh back into your cream cheese mixture, and spoon into the zucchini boats.
Sprinkle zucchini tops with ground almonds, additional shredded cheese, and the remaining 2 slices crumbled bacon if desired. Bake until cheese hot and melty, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.