Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet
All the rich tomato & garlic flavors in a super satisfying, EASY, quick meal to create! Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- a small bunch of fresh chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring, until softened a bit.
Add garlic, cook for 1 minute more.
Add tomatoes and their juice, wine or stock, Italian seasonings, sea salt and pepper and bring to a low boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until liquid thickens.
Add the shrimp into the sauce and sprinkle feta over the top.
Place skillet in the oven and bake until shrimp is cooked through, for about 12-15 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.