Mexican Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing
Now that warmer weather is around the corner, we’ll be eating more BIG salads like this for dinner.
- Mixed greens – I used spinach, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and added in some radicchio (purple cabbage would also be great!)
- shredded cooked chicken (I cook a bunch of chicken in the crockpot 1-2× per week.
- Add chicken breast, diced yellow onion, 1-2 tsps cumin powder, sea salt and pepper, cook on low for 7-9 hours)
- diced sweet bell peppers
- shredded carrots
- sliced cucumber
- roasted corn – saute organic fresh or frozen corn in a pan with avocado, or olive oil until it starts to brown
- black beans
- diced tomatoes
- green onions
- diced avocado
- lime wedges
Creamy Salsa Dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime
- sea salt & pepper to taste.
Wash, chop and prep any veggies.
Arrange ingredients nicely in a big bowl, or equally on separate serving plates.
For the Dressing:
Whisk all dressing ingredients together. I make extra to have around for a few days.