makes 6 servings
Quick + Easy CFC Chicken Stew
Our Hearty Chicken Stew comes together fast, then bakes in your oven while the delicious aroma fills your home.
The temperature is still VERY COLD outside, so warm up those bellies with a big bowl of our SUPER EASY, hearty Chicken Stew…in fact, you better double up this recipe, because they’ll all be coming back for more!
makes 6 servings
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp ghee, or olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 4 Tbsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- 3 cups of chicken bone broth
- 12 oz. baby potatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red or yellow onions, cut into large pieces
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. Place chicken pieces into a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, flour and oregano. Toss well until evenly coated.Heat oil in a Dutch oven, or large oven-safe stockpot over medium-high heat. Add in your seasoned/floured chicken and saute stirring constantly until nicely golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.Add in your minced garlic and continue to cook for another minute, until fragrant. Pour in the bone broth and simmer on LOW while scraping any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.Add in the bay leaves and allow your stew to simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in your prepared carrots, onions and potatoes.Cover pot tightly with an oven-safe lid, and transfer into your preheated oven. Bake for 60 minutes, or until chicken is falling-apart tender.Once your chicken stew is ready, carefully discard the bay leaf, taste-test then season to your preference and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve hot and enjoy! ❤Rachel