Spicy Cajun Shrimp + Quinoa Skillet
Heat up your night!
OR not…lol. I love a little spice, but if you don’t, you can leave out the jalapeno pepper.
Cajun seasonings only contribute a tiny, tiny bit of spice…so adjust to your families tastes!
No matter how you like your shrimp, this is on the table in minutes, and a complete meal when served alongside a vegetable.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. raw Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp ghee, coconut oil, or avocado/olive oil
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 1/4 cups bone broth, or stock (chicken, vegetable stock…your choice)
- 2-3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 stalk of green onion, finely chopped to garnish
Heat the ghee, or oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine the shrimp with cajun seasoning, sea salt and pepper, Toss well to coat.
Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook on both sides until opaque. Set aside.
Add garlic to the pan and stir until fragrant, then add tomatoes and broth.
Bring to a simmer then lower the heat.
Add quinoa, stir, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until quinoa is just done.
Stir in lemon juice, chopped green onion, jalapeno and cooked shrimp.
Cook until shrimp are heated through again, just a minute or so.