Teriyaki Chicken + Veggie Skillet
Our current family favorite dinner! Super simple and QUICK, (because that’s all we do here) still bursting with flavors!
Serve with brown rice…perfect! Makes 5 servings
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized florets
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 6 medium organic carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
For the Homemade Teriyaki sauce:
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour, or potato flour
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
In a small glass bowl whisk all the teriyaki sauce ingredients.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat.
Add the chicken and cook stirring until cooked through and golden brown, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
In the same pan add in the remaining oil and veggies.
Cook stirring occasionally until crisp tender, about 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
Return the chicken to the pan and add in the teriyaki sauce.
Cook for and additional 1-2 minutes until everything is heated through and the sauce thickens a bit.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!