Tex Mex Zucchini & Chicken Skillet
Taco Tuesday can STILL happen tonight because this tasty skillet takes just about 20 minutes from start to finish!Makes about 5-6 servings
- 1.5 lbs. boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 medium bell peppers – different colors, diced
- 1 cup organic corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 medium zucchini, or yellow squash, diced
- 14 oz black beans, or kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice
- a small bunch of cilantro leaves, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add zucchini, corn, black beans and cook while stirring for a few more minutes.
Move veggie mixture to a side of the skillet and add chicken.
Sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
Cook until no longer pink in the inside and golden brown, about 5 -7 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked through, stir well to combine.
Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese, then cover and cook on low heat for a couple of minutes until cheese is melty.
Top with cilantro.