WHY have we not thought of this before!?!
Such a DELICIOUS combination!
Kiddos ate every last bean…this will happen all Summer at my house
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsps olive, or avocado oil
- 3 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp. salt. Cook beans until tender, 5-10 minutes (green beans tenderness is a personal preference).
- While beans cook, prepare a large bowl with an ice water bath. Immediately drain the beans into a colander, draining all hot water and place the drained beans in the ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking. This keeps green beans bright green and perfectly tender.
- Drain beans, & pat dry. Toss beans lightly in a bowl with the tomatoes.
- For the dressing, whisk together: oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the green beans and toss gently to coat. Cover the bowl and chill for an hour before serving.
- Stir in the mozzarella and basil right before serving. Serve chilled or at room temp.