Summertime Caprese Green Bean Salad
WHY have we not thought of this before!?!
Such a DELICIOUS combination!
Kiddos ate every last bean…this will happen all Summer at my house!
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsps olive, or avocado oil
- 3 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp. salt. Cook beans until tender, 5-10 minutes (green beans tenderness is a personal preference).
While beans cook, prepare a large bowl with an ice water bath. Immediately drain the beans into a colander, draining all hot water and place the drained beans in the ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking. This keeps green beans bright green and perfectly tender.
Drain beans, & pat dry. Toss beans lightly in a bowl with the tomatoes.
For the dressing, whisk together: oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the green beans and toss gently to coat. Cover the bowl and chill for an hour before serving.
Stir in the mozzarella and basil right before serving. Serve chilled or at room temp.