Jump to recipe
Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
Hot off the press + right outta the pan…just in time for your Thanksgiving feast! This “stuffing” has all of the traditional holiday flavors you’re looking for, but practically none of the carbs compared to regular stuffing. So if you’re gluten-free, or you simply want to STAY healthy & on-plan Thanksgiving Day, this cauli rice stuffing will do the trick!Makes 6 servings
- 2 large cauliflower heads, broken into florets
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced small
- 2-3 ribs fresh celery, diced small
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh sage
- 2 Tbsps fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Working in batches, place cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until broken into rice-sized pieces.
Do not over-pulse, or you’ll have mush.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add yellow onions, garlic, celery, and carrots and cook stirring occasionally for 4-5 mins.
Add the mushrooms, smoked paprika, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until nicely golden browned.
Next, stir in the riced cauliflower, sage, thyme and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to your taste.
Remove from the heat and sprinkle with walnuts and green onions.
Allow stuffing to cool a bit, then enjoy alongside your roast Turkey and other fixin’s.
You can refrigerate the cauliflower rice for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Enjoy and remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations! I LOVE seeing what you create 🙂