CFC Layered Bean Salad
Hot Summer weather is finally here.
I’m totally ready for small parties, get-togethers, and BBQ’S with friends & family this Summer.
Not a lot of travel happening this year, so we get to enjoy the simple pleasures of good food and great conversations.
If you’re looking for a really FUN, and inventive Salad to bring to those backyard parties, then I’ve got you covered!
There’s no doubt we first eat with our eyes!
Bright layers just beg to be eaten!
Feel free to make substitutions with what YOU have on hand, or whatever veggies you love best.
Get CREATIVE and have FUN.
- 1.5 lb fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 cups thinly shredded lettuce of choice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 2 cups organic corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch salad dressing
For your Ranch:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt,
- 1-2 Tbsps unsweetened almond milk to thin
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste about a 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsps finely chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 3 Tbsps finely chopped chives