Mediterranean Steak Salad Bowls
#MealPrep #FoodPrep #LunchesOnTheGo This one’s a Clean Eating Winner!Makes 4 servings/bowls
- 2 Tbsps Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, olive oil
- 1.5 lbs grassfed skirt steak, or rib eye
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbsps plain Greek yogurt
- 4-5 cups organic baby spinach
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced
Place the beef cuts on a large plate, and season with salt and pepper.
Then rub with the Italian seasoning and add a drizzle of oil.
Once ready to cook, the meat should be close to room temp.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Allow the pan to get super hot before adding the steak.
Cook the meat for 3-8 minutes per side depending on how you prefer your steak. As a guideline, 3-4 minutes/side will yield about a medium-rare skirt steak.
Grilling on Medium-high is also a GREAT option!
Remove to a plate, allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain for maximum tenderness.
To assemble your bowls, place the baby spinach at the bottom.
Top with sliced steak and equal toppings per bowl.
Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste and garnish with yogurt and lemon slices.