Green Salsa Verde Chicken for Clean Eating in a Flash!
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast or tenders
- 2 cups roasted green salsa verde, homemade CFC recipe here: https://cleanfoodcrush.com/roasted-green-tomato-salsa-verde/
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Place chicken in your slow cooker, and cover with salsa verde, pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the lid on and cook on HIGH 3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the slow cooker and shred using 2 forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the crock pot and stir in to combine with the sauce.
- Taste test, adjust the seasonings if desired then sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Place salsa verde into your Instant Pot inner pot. Add in the chicken breasts, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper (no trivet necessary!) and put your lid on.
- Turn valve to sealing, and select Manual (or Pressure Cook), high pressure for 10 minutes (they will be cooked at 7-8 minutes, but a couple extra minutes makes them fall apart tender).
- It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- Once cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (don't touch it!).
- Open the lid then, shred the chicken breasts with the remaining liquid in the pot, sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, then serve as desired.
This recipe was tested in a 6 quart Instant Pot. Different models may have different suggestions for minimum liquid requirements.
Notes: To freeze shredded chicken, let cool to room temperature before placing in freezer bags or containers.