Roasted Green Tomato Salsa Verde
What to do with all those green tomatoes still on their vines at the end of the season!
Here in SLC it’s going to freeze soon, so we gotta bring those green ones inside asap.
This roasted salsa is VERY versatile and you can add more of your favorite ingredients to your own taste preferences.
I like a bit more jalapenos and garlic cloves in mine.
If you don’t have green tomatoes, try using tomatillos instead.
I’ve been making this DELICIOUS shredded chicken using this salsa recipe.
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 lbs green heirloom garden tomatoes
- 2-3 jalapenos, stems, ribs and seeds removed
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a big handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each