Fresh Homemade Pico
For Cinco De Mayo!
Enjoy with Coconut oil baked tortilla chips (my favorite brand is Jackson Honest) OR large cucumber slices.
Adjust the recipe to your families taste!
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hothouse cucumber
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes on the vine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red onion
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped…(leave out if you don’t want the heat ????)
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Gently combine all ingredients, adjust to your taste.
Let sit covered on the counter (room temp) for 20-30 minutes for the best flavor.
Serve over eggs, chicken, or salads.
Cover, and refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.