This HEALTHY version might be the best you’ve EVER had!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup all-natural pumpkin puree
- 5 Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease with coconut oil.
- Pit the dates and place in small sauce pan with 1 tablespoon of water, bring to a low simmer, for about 6-8 minutes until soft, then mash with a fork.
- Add the maple syrup to the date mixture to make a paste.
In a large bowl, whisk the coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice.
In a small bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.
Add the date paste and whisk until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Add the melted coconut oil and fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy a warm slice!