- 1 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1 (15 oz) jar organic tomato sauce
- 6 cups beef bone broth
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 or 2 large red or orange bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms, like buttons or crimini
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/2 teaspoon each
- 1 cup shredded shredded cheese
- chopped pickles
- diced or sliced fresh onions
- fresh tomato slices
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron over medium high heat. Add in your oil and sauté the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add in the ground beef and crumble with a wooden spatula while it cooks. Stir often for about 6-7 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and nicely browned. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and all seasonings, and stir to combine.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Transfer the cooked meat to your slow cooker, then add in all the remaining soup ingredients.
- Stir to combine everything well.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours or more. (I really prefer LOW for producing the best flavor)
- Once your delicious soup is ready, ladle into bowls and sprinkle with shredded cheese, onions, tomatoes and pickles if desired.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com