Jump to recipe
Slow Cooker/Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
CRAVing a cheeseburger (or two)?!!!
This hearty cheeseburger soup hits all the right spots…super satisfying and flavorful while being secretly nutritious and packed with protein.
EXTREMELY SIMPLE to throw together in the morning, then all you gotta do is serve it to your HUNGRY crowd in the evening with a few fun cheeseburger toppings.Everything we *need* on a cold evening after a long day of work!
Many nights each week there is a big crockpot full of soup sitting in the kitchen as hungry teenagers (and adults!) begin to find their way home. Mmm… what smells so good??!
This soup is also great for meal prep!
Stays good refrigerated for up to 5 days, or frozen in single servings for 3 months.
Soup always tastes better the next day!Makes about 8 servings
- 1 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1 (15 oz) jar organic tomato sauce
- 6 cups beef bone broth
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 or 2 large red or orange bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms, like buttons or crimini
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/2 teaspoon each
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- chopped pickles
- diced or sliced fresh onions
- fresh tomato slices