Layered Sweet Potato Salad
A GORGEOUS make-ahead salad for entertaining!
Not only is it BEAUTIFUL, but it’s super convenient to serve guests.
To assemble your layered salad, use a clear glass bowl with straight sides as shown to create this gorgeous layered look.
There’s no doubt we first eat with our eyes!
Bright layers just beg to be eaten!😍
Feel free to make substitutions with what YOU have on hand, or whatever veggies you love best.
Get CREATIVE and have FUN with this.
Even though you may be tempted to mix it all together right before serving, don’t. Instead, serve with a long deep spoon or tongs, and let everyone scoop out what they want.
Here’s our Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe to use in the Creamy Dressing below.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsps fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1/3 of a small red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 cups frozen organic corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, or acv
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Chop your sweet potatoes into ½ – inch cubes and arrange them in a single layer onto the
prepared baking tray.
Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper then drizzle with the oil. Stir and toss to
Roast in your preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until tender.
Once the potatoes are finished roasting, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray.
Transfer to a large bowl and add in the vinegar, wholegrain mustard, and dill; toss well to coat.
To make your creamy dressing, add all the dressing ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large glass bowl, add a layer of your sweet potatoes, followed by peas, red cabbage, corn, snow peas, radishes tucked in nicely, and arugula, as shown.
Drizzle with your creamy dressing and garnish with green onions.