Jump to recipe..
Overnight Oat Pie
Overnight Oats Family Style!
Makes morning family life EASY!
The convenience and nutrition of overnight oats made family-style!
This is a great recipe if you’ve got a bigger group that you want to feed very easily in the mornings!
I wrote this one for a big family in mind (there’s 8 of us over here) BUT, I’ve also included measurements at the very bottom in case you want to adjust down the recipe to a smaller pan for your crew.
This entire recipe is very interchangeable, so grant yourself free creative and personal freedom to make something your family will LOVE!
Not only do “soaked oats” save a lot of time in the morning, but they’re also much easier to digest than unsoaked oats.
As the oats soak overnight, their digestibility greatly improves, here’s how:
Overnight as they soak, the starches break down which improves digestibility and the natural phytic acid (which all plants contain) is greatly reduced that makes them more easily absorbed by your body!
Makes about 10 servings (12 servings for young children)
- 5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 5 cups milk of choice, I recommend unsweetened almond, coconut, or cashew milk
- 1.5 Tbsps vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened Greek, or coconut yogurt
- 3 cups fresh, or frozen chopped berries and=or fruit of choice
- Sweetener is optional as sweetness factor is very personal:
- 6-8 drops stevia liquid or 2-3 Tbsps raw honey or pure maple syrup
Alternatively here are the approximate measurements for a smaller batch:
Ingredients for ONE serving each: (just multiply by the number of people you want to serve)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- teeny tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops stevia liquid or 1/2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2-3 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped fruit or berries of choice