We’ve been depending a lot on our beloved overnight oats for a quick + nutritious breakfast in the mornings lately…and you know what?!!
The more frequently I make them, and different varieties that I introduce = the more I’m getting the whole family involved!
My youngest daughter who wasn’t interested in these at all a year ago, sat at the kitchen counter with me last night making a bunch of these!Doesn’t matter if you’re an overnight newbie or a long-time overnight oats lover like me…
THESE Overnight PIE recipes are the very next ones you must try! So very satisfying on every level!Not only do overnight oats save you time in the morning, but they’re also much easier to digest than unsoaked oats.
As the oats soak overnight, their digestibility greatly improves.
As they soak, the starches break down which improves digestibility and the natural phytic acid (which all plants contain) is greatly reduced that makes them more easily absorbed by your body!Makes 1 serving each:
Ingredients required for all:
- 1/2 pint glass jars with lids, for storing or serving as shown
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsps unsweetened almond, coconut, or cashew milk
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia OR 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup OR 2 tsp raw honey (sweetness is such a personal taste!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a tiny pinch of sea salt
- Combine above ingredients in a jar or bowl, stir together very well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, stir again, then add toppings of choice as follows:
For Apple Pie Oats:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 spoonful of raisins
- 1/2 of a small fresh apple (chopped)
- 1 spoonful of chopped pecans
- 1 tsp maple syrup drizzle over top.
For Blueberry Pie Oats:
- 1 Tbsp no sugar added blueberry jam
- 1 spoonful vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds.
For Lemon Pie Oats:
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 spoonful of Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chopped raw almonds.
For Coconut Pie Oats:
- 1 spoonful of coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 small banana (sliced)
- 1 tsp raw honey drizzle on top.
Enjoy these ones and remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations! I love seeing and hearing how these recipes work for your family 🙂
For Apple Pie Oats: 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1 spoonful of raisins, 1/2 of a small fresh apple (chopped), 1 spoonful of chopped pecans, 1 tsp maple syrup drizzle over top.For Blueberry Pie Oats: 1 Tbsp no sugar added blueberry jam, 1 spoonful vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, 1 Tbsp sliced almonds.For Lemon Pie Oats: 1/2 tsp almond extract, 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest, 1 spoonful of Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp chopped raw almonds.For Coconut Pie Oats: 1 spoonful of coconut yogurt, 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 small banana (sliced), 1 tsp raw honey drizzle on top.
Happy Clean Eating!