Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet
Tex-Mex flavor packed into a super nutritious skillet meal. Skillet meals are my FAVE!
Simple prep, simple cleanup!
#TacoTuesday #TacoStyleEveryday Makes about 4 servings
- 1lb. lean ground turkey meat
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (15 oz) jar diced tomatoes drained
- 15oz black beans, drained if using canned
- 1.5 cups frozen organic corn
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
- or 1 large head cauliflower “riced” using a food processor
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced to garnish
- green onions, thinly sliced
- a small bunch of cilantro
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add in ground meat, onion and seasonings.
Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes or so.
Once the meat is cooked and browned nicely, stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn and cauliflower rice.
Simmer for about 5-10 minutes, and stir well to combine.
Season with sea salt, and pepper to your taste and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions and avocado slices.