Famous Black Bean Summer Salsa
The famous black bean salsa everyone loves, with a SECRET healthy ingredient!
I made this for a BBQ, and decided to throw in a bunch of chopped baby kale…guess what?
Everyone is so used to eating it with the green cilantro, that nobody even noticed! Win!
- 1 (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 2 ears of fresh corn, husked and kernels chopped from the cob
- 8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 small orange, and/or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2-1 cup baby Kale leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium red diced red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar (optional)
- Splash of hot sauce (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
Combine everything (avocado last) gently in a large glass bowl.
Adjust flavor if needed. (Salt, pepper, lime)
For best flavor, let sit on the counter for 30-40 minutes before serving.