This is an extra special holiday dinner recipe that is actually simple enough for busy weeknights!
- 6 slices of nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 1lb chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsps smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8oz farm-grown small carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsps coconut cream
- 1/4 cup high quality grated parmesan
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350f.
- Rub the chicken with smoked paprika, oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over high; once it’s hot, add the chicken. Sear for 2 minutes, until golden, then flip over and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic, bacon and saute for about 3 minutes, until the onion softens.
- Add the broth, white wine and coconut cream, carrots and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sauce reduces a bit.
- Return chicken to the pan, spoon some of the sauce over the top of the chicken and transfer to the preheated oven. Roast for 25 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and creamy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and fresh thyme and serve hot.